Need some interesting, fun facts for your next family gathering? Want some readings that will surely help you at the next pub trivia night? Well here we have it! 12 FUN FACTS all about the fabulous, extraordinary, totally unique, never been done before, never will be done again world of UNDERWEAR! We hope you enjoy these 12 fun underwear facts as much as we enjoyed compiling them.
1. 15% of women own underwear that’s between 5 and 9 years old, while 9% of men own pairs over 10 years old. Yikes.
2. Kindergartner’s in Siberia run outside in their underwear and dump freezing water over themselves to strengthen their immune systems. I’m cold just thinking about it. – Source
3. Carrie Fisher wore no underwear in Star Wars because George Lucas convinced her “there is no underwear in outer space.” Hard to deny that logic, honestly. – Source
4. Single people are less likely to change their underwear on a daily basis than married people—82% versus 88%, respectively.
5. In Finland, the word ‘kalsarikännit’ means to get drunk at home, alone, in your underwear. Relatable. – Source
6. Navel lint comes from your underwear, and that the scientist who studied it won an Ig Nobel. Ew. – Source
7. Did you know that it is illegal in Thailand to leave your house without underwear? – Source
8. 15% of women own underwear that’s between 5 and 9 years old, while 9% of men own pairs over 10 years old. Yikes.
9. The British Army issues antimicrobial underwear that can be worn for three months at a time. Do you think it works? – Source
10. Men’s first underwear took the form of a leather loincloth. Scientists have found evidence that they were worn as far as 7,000 years ago, in fact. Leather drawers went out of fashion, though, once people realized that the immense sweat buildup that the non-porous leather allowed was no fun for the family jewels. – Source
11. Did you know that briefs are significantly more popular than boxers? Studies show that 41 percent of men prefer to wears briefs, while only 27 percent wear boxers. We can let you decide on what the other 32 percent are doing.
12. Disney World once made their employees wear communal underwear up until 2001. I mean, that’s gross right? – Source