LAST UPDATED: SEPT 24, 2020
Privacy can be fun, too, Squirrel Friends! It's also important - so take a read! (Reading is what? ....FUNDAMENTAL!)
Who we are
Our main website address is https://www.dirtsquirrel.co and our secondary address is https://www.dirtsquirrel.ca
A quick OVERVIEW of your privacy at Dirt Squirrel:
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO US
We may collect personal data directly from you when you interact with us or use our online shop. The types of personal data we collect depends on how you interact with our business. We may collect the following categories of personal data.
- Profile Data.We collect any information or content you provide to us when you register for an account, create a profile, or participate in or register for our ambassador or membership programs. Examples of the information we collect include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, and payment.
- Demographic Data.We may collect specific or general demographic data when you fill out forms or surveys on our website or through our marketing initiatives / participate in events, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and special programs that we provide. Examples of such information include age, gender, pronouns, postal code, province/state, and country.
- Transaction Data.We collect transaction information related to the use of our Services or your purchases. Examples of information collected include the type of products or services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, amount charged, payment method, billing or shipping information, and information about any products or services you returned or exchanged with us.
- Communications Data.We collect information when you communicate with us or others on our Services, such as when you request additional information about products or services, interact with our customer service team, or sign up to receive our e-mail newsletters (also known as Nutmail) or marketing messages. We also collect communications data when you interact with us on social media, such as by tagging us and/or our products or permitting us to follow your social media profile. Examples of such data may include your contact information, the date and time of your communications, online identifiers, social media profile, and the content of your communications.
- User Content Data.We collect any other information or content you provide to us, such as when you provide design or product feedback or make other submissions to us, or use other features of our Services that may be offered from time to time, which may require the collection of certain personal data in order to utilize the features. Examples of user content data may include information about your size, fit, goals, opinions, feedback, preferences, and any other personal data you choose to provide in your interactions with us.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect certain personal data when you access and use our Services or shop in our stores. The types of information we collect may include:
- Device and Network Data.We collect certain information about the device you use to access our Services. Examples of such data include your device’s hardware model, browser type, IP address, operating system version, language settings, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Usage Data.We collect information about your activity on our Services via log files, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. Examples of such data include your access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our Services, app crashes and other system activity, your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services, your Internet service provider (ISP), Mobile Advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies we deploy on our Services (for more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the COOKIES section below).
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect personal data about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal data about you from:
- Third parties hosting events, including those sponsored by Dirt Squirrel, when they share event attendance or participation information with us;
- Publicly available sources;
- Other guests or third parties providing information in connection with a dispute;
- Carriers or other third parties when they share your updated delivery and address information, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication;
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Third-party social media and communication services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Instagram, that you use to interact with our Services (e.g., to create an account) or that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools), but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services; and
- Unaffiliated parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, marketing or advertising service providers, fraud prevention service providers, consumer data resellers, and other third parties that provide us with information, so we can better understand you and provide you with information and offers that may be of interest to you.
PERSONAL DATA WE DERIVE
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal data we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or your purchasing habits based on your browsing behaviour on our Services.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use personal data for various purposes, including to:
- Provide Products and Services.Provide, maintain, and improve our data, products, events, and services;
- Complete Transactions.Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, and as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Manage Accounts.Create and manage your online accounts, profiles, and Dirt Squirrel program memberships;
- Service Communications.Send notifications related to your account, purchases, exchanges, and returns;
- Respond to You.Respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service;
- Advertising and Marketing. Send advertising or marketing communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Dirt Squirrel and others, and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you. Our marketing and advertising will be conducted in accordance with your advertising marketing preferences and as permitted by applicable law;
- Events and Offers.Offer, conduct and administer events, classes, contests, prize draws, sweepstakes, and other promotions;
- Research and Development. Conduct research and development;
- Personalize Your Experience.Monitor, analyze and audit your engagement with our brand and your interactions with our Services and online ads to better understand your interests and behaviours and customize your experience;
- Safety and Security.Detect and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property or safety of Dirt Squirrel and our users, customers, employees or others;
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Services;
- Corporate Transactions.We may process personal data in the context of corporate acquisitions, mergers, or other corporate transactions;
- Your Consent. We may process your personal data in accordance with your consent or instructions;
- Comply with Legal Obligations.Comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, including our tax obligations and those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Reasonable Other Purposes.As permitted by applicable law, carry out certain short-term activities and other reasonable purposes related to the products or Services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us. Where required by applicable law, Dirt Squirrel will provide a notice of such data processing prior to using your personal data for such purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We share personal data for the purposes described below:
- With our Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We share your personal data with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes described in the “USE OF PERSONAL DATA” section above.
- With our Service Providers. We share personal data with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including customer support, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, product fulfilment, fraud control, direct mail and email distribution, events, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, and advertising and analytics services. These third-party service providers have access to personal data needed to perform their services but may not use it for other purposes. Since our service providers are located around the world, please note that these disclosures involve cross-border transfers of your personal data as described in the “DATA TRANSFERS” section below.
- In Connection with a Corporate Transaction. Personal data may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of any purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitisation or financing involving Dirt Squirrel.
- With our Professional Advisors.We share personal data with our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of Dirt Squirrel’s business or operations.
- Aggregated, Anonymized or De-identified Data.We may also share aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
DATA TRANSFERS AND RETENTION
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data in accordance with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, Dirt Squirrel will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data we hold if such personal data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
Our services and website are not intended for children under the age of 18. Dirt Squirrel does not target our Services to children or youth under 18.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Please note that our websites contain links to third-party websites that are not controlled or operated by Dirt Squirrel. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Dirt Squirrel does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please review these policies before you disclose any personal data when visiting such third-party websites.
Consistent with applicable law, you may exercise any of the choices described in this section.
You may review and modify your account and profile information by logging into your online account at any time. If you cannot update the information yourself, you can also contact email@example.com and request that we update your account or profile information.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations, such as new orders.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES